Sunday 14 November 2010

Printmaking

I've been messing around with a bit of printmaking this week.  I've learned the process of two types of printmaking so far - lithography and etching.  I'm quite fascinated by both but I think lithography is a better fit for the project I'm working on right now.

Here are a few prints from my first lithograph plate:





As far as etching goes, I am currently working on a plate.  It is much more intricate work than the lithography.  I haven't made any prints from this plate yet because I'm not quite done, but here are a couple photos of the plate.

        
The music I was listening to while doing these was the music that was being played in the printmaking studio, which was some Beck, a bit of Creedence Clearwater Revival, some Al Green and a lot of Neil Young.  There's always some great tunes coming out of the printmaking studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment