Thursday 4 November 2010

Free Canvases!

I just finished building my own canvas, it was a very satisfying experience.  I built a 24"X36" canvas; I cut the wood, planed the inside edges, tacked the frame together, sanded the corners and stretched and stapled the canvas onto the frame.  It feels good knowing how to build a proper stretched canvas, but what feels even better is knowing that I have access to an endless supply of FREE wood and canvas! Yep free, and apparently size and quantity are not an issue.  I can build any size canvas I want and as many as I need, all I have to do is head into the Fine Art workshop and have at it.

The first of many...

1 comment:

  1. what a deal! I remember, back in the day, you wouldn't paint because you didn't want to spend the money on a canvas. Now, you truly have no excuse. Of course, where we put them all is still a concern but that's for another day.

    ReplyDelete