Wednesday, 21 September 2011

First Project of the Year

This first project was all about mark making; exploring how the meaning of the marks change depending on where the mark is located and what mediums were used to create it.  I used charcoal, acrylic paint, canvas, string, elastic bands and ink for this project.  I also made a short film which is projected onto the wall.
Mark making project
Marks left by paint covered elastic bands
Here's a look at my studio space this week:
My studio space
 A couple drawings...
Conte on newsprint
Pastel on newsprint

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the elastic band idea and it worked really well. The female is really good, too. One doesn't see too many of those with you but I LOVE it (especially what appears to be her in period costume)!